Parents should be aware of what their children see and hear on the internet, who they meet, and what they share about themselves online. While the links below will not be referenced specifically in a classroom setting they are being provided for parents, students, and community members to assist Hawkins County Schools in keeping our children safe online.
Common Sense Education’s- Family Toolbox
ConnectSafely.org- Parent’s Guide to Facebook
Faux Paw's Adventures in the Internet
Welcome to Hawkins County Schools! Registering at a school within your zone is a simple process; even so, if you have questions regarding which school your child should attend, contact our Transportation Department at 272-7135 and they will be glad to assist you. Please read through the guide below to ensure you have the proper documentation when enrolling your child.
Pre-Kindergarten Registration - HCS believes in the power of Pre-K. Please visit our Early Learning Center website to find out more about our Pre-K program and if you meet the eligibility requirements.
What you need to know before registering for Kindergarten:
- Birth Certificate (Copy)
- Social Security Card (Copy)
- Official Tennessee Certificate of Immunization
- Physical examination (within one year of beginning of school)
- Proof of residency (current utility bill, lease, etc.)
Age Requirements - Kindergarten Eligibility:
- To be eligible in 2020-2021 your child: Must be five years of age on or before August 15, 2020
- An official Tennessee Certificate of Immunization is required for entry into school and is only available from a healthcare provider. Please see our School Health Services website for a complete list of immunization requirements and forms.
School Year Calendars
Please access our Family and Community Engagement website and our Family Resource Center website for more family resources.
Para obtener mas informacion acerca de nuestro programa de Ingles como segundo idioma haga clic en el enlace ESL.