Attendance, Home bound, Home School, and Migrant
Your child's attendance plays a crucial role in his/her success! Studies show that if your child misses more than 10% of the school year, or about 17 days, he/she is less likely to do well in school. Missing only 2 days a month can put your child at risk of being chronically absent and in danger of getting behind academically.
Skyward Family Access is a great resource to monitor your child's attendance, grades, and discipline! Parents, please see the link on the left to sign up for an account. There is also a free Skyward app available in the App store for both iPhones and Android phones.
Documents and forms for home bound, independent home school, out of zone and non-resident applications, and many others are accessible by clicking the "Documents" links below.
Link for teachers, administrators, parents, and others to access student information.
This page will be retired on Jan. 31, 2019.
For error corrections, please contact Mrs. Teresa Helton at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to enroll in a PDC course
This video gives step by step instructions to guide you through enrolling in courses.
Skyward Professional Development Center (PDC)
Employees, use this link to take on-line training classes for Skyward. Please see your school Data Clerk or principal for your username and password. For in-service credit, teachers need to take "Educator Access Plus Quick Start" and the appropriate "Gradebook Quick Start".
State Attendance Rule
In compliance with T.C.A. § 49-6-3050(d): The department of education shall provide annually to home schools with which they have contact information about meningococcal disease and the effectiveness of vaccination against meningococcal disease at the beginning of every school year. - See more at: http://tn.gov/education/topic/home-schooling-in-tn#sthash.9TVdilpM.dpuf
- Skylert Instructions.pdf
- Teacher Access Attendance Report.pdf
- Teacher Attendance Summary Report.pdf
- TN State Reporting Manual.pdf
- Grade Change Request.pdf
- Honor Roll.pdf
- High School semester long classes with an EOC setup.pdf
- Adding emergency Information in Skyward.pdf
- Entering Grades for New Students.pdf
- Gradebook Guide.pdf
- Adjusting Attendance Cut-Off Time.pdf
- Entering Bus Info OOZ NR.pdf
- Enrolling-Verifying Enrollment in Skyward.pdf
- Address Abbreviations.pdf
- Application for Being Absent.pdf
- Withdrawal Codes.pdf
- Occupational Survey (English)-PLEASE RETURN ONLY SURVEYS WITH ONE OR MORE YES ANSWERS TO GREG STURGILL.pdf
- Student Cumulative Record Checklist.pdf
- Tracking Attendance in EIS.pdf
- TN Laws and HCBOE Policy.pdf
- Student Data Information for Enrollment.pdf
- Revocation of POA.pdf
- Request to Release and Obtain Information.pdf
- Proof of Residency Affidavit.pdf
- Proof of Residency Affidavit Living with Someone Else.pdf
- Out of Zone Application and HCBOE Policy.pdf
- Power of Attorney Form.pdf
- Online Student Recognition Form.pdf
- MKV Eligibility Assessment.pdf
- Non-Resident HCBOE Policy.pdf
- Home Language Survey (English-Spanish).pdf
- Non-Resident Application.pdf
- Military Survey.pdf
- Medical Request for Homebound services for pregnant students.pdf
- Medical Request for Homebound Services.pdf
- 2018-2019 Home School Calendar.pdf
- Intent to Home School Form.pdf
- Bus Verification Document.pdf
- 2019-2020 Home School Calendar.pdf
A poster contest was held for students in grades K-12. Schools submitted their school-wide winner, and an overall district winner was chosen. The district winner was Makenna Johnson from Bulls Gap School. A copy of her poster will be displayed at every school in our system.
Click here to see the 2018-2019 Video Contest Winner from Bulls Gap School. Pictured below are Aniyah Bandy, Clay Houck, teacher sponsor Ms. Stephanie Rebuck, and Attendance Supervisor Greg Sturgill.
For staff members, a drawing was held for a family pass to the Titanic attraction in Pigeon Forge. We had a total of 5 passes donated. To be eligible to be included in the drawing, the employee had to have perfect attendance during the month of September. We had 543 staff members included in the drawing!
The winners of the drawing were Glenda Starnes from Hawkins Elementary, Chuck McLain from Volunteer High, Alieta Gladson from the transportation department, Dewey Ferguson from Cherokee High, and Ricky Hunley from the transportation department. Congratulations to these winners!
We had 14 schools exceed their school goal of 95% (94% for the high schools), and five schools (Church Hill Intermediate, Clinch, Mooresburg Elementary, Mt. Carmel Elementary, and St. Clair Elementary) exceeded the goal by a full percent! Clinch School had the best attendance for the month at 98.34%.
Thank you to our local businesses for their sponsorship! Because of the generous donations of Cooper Standard, @Work Personnel, Hutchinson, TRW, ABB (Baldor), Rural Health Consortium, and Horace Mann we were able to provide prizes for these contests, and we will also be able to provide more attendance incentives throughout the school year!
For more information on Attendance Awareness, please visit attendanceworks.org.
Family Access Overview for Parents
If you need the log in information for your Familiy Access account, please contact your child's school. If you have multiple children at multiple schools, you may call any school that any one of your children attends.
Once you have a Family Access username and password, click here to access the site.
We at Hawkins County Schools realize the important role active parents play in their children’s education. Family Access provides online information for parents regarding grades, attendance, discipline, and test scores.. Students will love using Student Access to check their grades and make sure they aren’t missing any assignments.
Please click the "Family Access Information" link below for more details.