Attendance, Homebound, Home School, and Migrant
Your child's attendance plays a crucial role in his/her success! Studies show that if your child misses more than 10% of the school year, or about 17 days, he/she is less likely to do well in school. Missing only 2 days a month can put your child at risk of being chronically absent and in danger of getting behind academically.
Skyward Family Access is a great resource to monitor your child's attendance, grades, and discipline! Parents, please see the link on the left to sign up for an account. There is also a free Skyward app available in the App Store for both iPhones and Android phones.
Documents and forms for homebound, independent home school, out of zone and non-resident applications, and many others are accessible by clicking the "Documents" links below.
Link for teachers, administrators, parents, and others to access student information.
For error corrections, please contact Mrs. Teresa Helton at email@example.com
How to enroll in a PDC course
This video gives step by step instructions to guide you through enrolling in courses.
Skyward Professional Development Center (PDC)
Employees, use this link to take on-line training classes for Skyward. Please see your school Data Clerk or principal for your username and password. For in-service credit, teachers need to take "Educator Access Plus Quick Start" and the appropriate "Gradebook Quick Start".
State Attendance Rule
In compliance with T.C.A. § 49-6-3050(d): The department of education shall provide annually to home schools with which they have contact information about meningococcal disease and the effectiveness of vaccination against meningococcal disease at the beginning of every school year. - See more information at http://tn.gov/education/topic/home-schooling-in-tn#sthash.9TVdilpM.dpuf
- Application for Being Absent.pdf
- Withdrawal Codes.pdf
- Occupational Survey (English)-PLEASE RETURN ONLY SURVEYS WITH ONE OR MORE YES ANSWERS TO GREG STURGILL.pdf
- Student Cumulative Record Checklist.pdf
- Tracking Attendance in EIS.pdf
- TN Laws and HCBOE Policy.pdf
- Student Data Information for Enrollment.pdf
- Revocation of POA.pdf
- Request to Release and Obtain Information.pdf
- Proof of Residency Affidavit.pdf
- Proof of Residency Affidavit Living with Someone Else.pdf
- Out of Zone Application and HCBOE Policy.pdf
- Power of Attorney Form.pdf
- Online Student Recognition Form.pdf
- MKV Eligibility Assessment.pdf
- Non-Resident HCBOE Policy.pdf
- Home Language Survey (English-Spanish).pdf
- Non-Resident Application.pdf
- Military Survey.pdf
- Medical Request for Homebound services for pregnant students.pdf
- Medical Request for Homebound Services.pdf
- 2018-2019 Home School Calendar.pdf
- Intent to Home School Form.pdf
- Bus Verification Document.pdf
- 2019-2020 Home School Calendar.pdf
- Skylert Instructions.pdf
- Teacher Access Attendance Report.pdf
- Teacher Attendance Summary Report.pdf
- TN State Reporting Manual.pdf
- Grade Change Request.pdf
- Honor Roll.pdf
- High School semester long classes with an EOC setup.pdf
- Adding emergency Information in Skyward.pdf
- Entering Grades for New Students.pdf
- Gradebook Guide.pdf
- Adjusting Attendance Cut-Off Time.pdf
- Entering Bus Info OOZ NR.pdf
- Enrolling-Verifying Enrollment in Skyward.pdf
- Address Abbreviations.pdf
Family Access Overview for Parents
If you need the login information for your Family Access account, please contact your child's school. If you have multiple children at multiple schools, you may call any school that any one of your children attends.
Once you have a Family Access username and password, click here to access the site.
We at Hawkins County Schools realize the important role active parents play in their children’s education. Family Access provides online information for parents regarding grades, attendance, discipline, and test scores. Students can use Student Access to check their own grades and make sure they aren’t missing any assignments.
Please click the "Family Access Information" link below for more details.