Your interest in our school system is appreciated. The Hawkins County School System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
THE BOARD’S PERSONNEL GOALS ARE:
- To ensure that the best-qualified personnel are recruited & employed to staff our school system.
- To provide training opportunities for all employees to improve their performance.
- To conduct an evaluation program that will contribute to the continuous improvement of staff performance.
- To ensure that personnel are assigned so they are utilized as effectively as possible.
In a continuing effort to ensure the safety and welfare of students and staff, the district shall require criminal history records check and fingerprinting of employees for teachers and any other employee who has proximity to children. The employee shall pay any cost incurred by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation in conducting such investigations. Employment is contingent upon satisfactory background check results. Knowingly falsifying information shall be sufficient grounds for termination of employment and shall also constitute a Class A misdemeanor.
An individual desiring a position with the Hawkins County School System shall make application on forms approved by the Board of Education. The Tennessee State laws or State Board of Education Rule and Regulations & Minimum Standards establish all certificated and supervisory positions in our school system. There are currently three options to obtain an application for a teaching position, or for general employment, in the Hawkins County School System.
- Option 1. Come by the Personnel Office.
- Option 2. Print an application from this web site.
- Option 3. Call to request an application be mailed to you.
Applications must be returned to the personnel office. All applications are kept in the active file until December 31 of each year. Applications must be renewed annually in writing to remain in our active file.
It. should be complete and accurate in every detail.
The Hawkins County Board of Education does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race,
gender, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, or disability in any of its educational or employment programs or activities.